UNHCR Cash Asssistance Programme
UNHCR has begun enrollment in Warsaw for its transitional cash assistance programme for new arrivals from Ukraine.
At the moment (2022-03-30) programme is available in Warsaw and Cracov- please check the official website to get the most accurate information.
What is UNHCR’s cash assistance programme in Poland?
- Starting in March, UNHCR will be providing short-term cash assistance to new arrivals from Ukraine to support with their transition and integration into Polish systems
- The programme is different from any support system provided by Poland, including PESEL registration
- UNHCR does not conduct refugee registration or status determination. It is only enrolment for humanitarian assistance
How much is the value of cash assistance?
- Per month, eligible recipients will receive 710 Zloty for 1 person + 610 Zloty per additional family member (with a cap of 4)
- Cash assistance is provided one time per month, for a minimum of 3 months
Who is eligible for UNHCR cash assistance?
- You and your family are eligible if you fled Ukraine and entered Poland on or after 24 February 2022. Only one family member needs to have left on or after 24 February
- Children should be accompanied by an appointed caregiver/legal guardian
How can I schedule an appointment to enrol for cash assistance?
- Currently, appointments to enrol for cash assistance are made in advance through SMS
- More information about how to schedule an appointment is coming soon: continue to visit help.unhcr.org/Poland for updated information
Where are UNHCR’s Cash Enrolment Points? When are they open? Remember to check this information on official website too!!!
- Currently, there is one Cash Enrolment Point in Warsaw: Kamionkowska 11, 03-805 Warszawa, open 6 days a week (Sunday – Friday) from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Closed on Saturdays.
- You must have an appointment before coming to the center.
- Other Cash Enrolment Points will soon open across Poland.
How do I access my cash assistance once I’m enrolled?
- After receiving an appointment, families and individuals will go to a designated cash enrollment point run by UNHCR where they will provide information and fingerprints for enrollment in a secure database for assistance (UNHCR is not registering you as a refugee). More information on how to schedule an appointment coming soon!
- Immediately after enrolling: receive a unique password on your Proof of Enrollment form. Do not share your password with anyone!
- At least one day after enrolling: receive an SMS with a unique BLIK code and the monetary value of your assistance
- You will then have 7 days to withdraw the full amount of your assistance from most ATMs in Poland (Santander Bank, PKO BP, Millenium, BNP Paribas, mBank, ING, SGB, Euronet, Planet Cash). You can only use your BLIK code one time and must withdraw the full amount.
- After 1 month: you will receive a new BLIK code. This will let you withdraw a second payment of equal value. Use your new BLIK code and original password.Assistance is one time per month, for a minimum of 3 months.
- If you change your phone or lose your BLIK code: return to a UNHCR cash enrollment point
- For technical problems with the ATM or bank, call: 61 85652 66
Why do I need to provide my fingerprints to receive cash assistance from UNHCR?
- Enrolling your fingerprints helps to protect your unique access to cash assistance and guard against fraud. This is because it is very difficult for someone else to copy your fingerprints and pretend to be you
- UNHCR is not collecting your fingerprints as part of any refugee registration or status determination. It is only for humanitarian assistance
- All of your information, including your fingerprints, will be stored in a secure UNHCR database