Financial Aid Point of the World Lutheran Federation and UNHCR for refugees from Ukraine
On May 9th, 2022, at the Public Utility Center in Ostróda, the first of the six registration points of the financial support program for refugees from Ukraine, implemented by UNHCR (the United Nations Refugee Agenda) and the Lutheran World Federation (Organization associating 149 Lutheran Churches from 99 countries of the world) was opened. the World Service agenda provides humanitarian support in many countries of the world affected by crises, disasters and wars).
As part of the assistance, each person who came to Poland after February 24th and has a document confirming identity and crossing the border may apply for a benefit of a maximum amount of PLN 2,540, which will be paid for three months. This amount consists of PLN 710 per reporting person and PLN 610 for each subsequent family member up to a maximum of 4 people.
The idea behind the program is to provide financial support to people affected by the tragedy of war, who have found shelter in Poland, but are unable to work, and are therefore unable to support themselves. Therefore, first of all, employees of the registration point in cooperation with local governments and non-governmental organizations look for people who meet certain criteria. These are:
● inability to find childcare,
● inability to find care for elderly, chronically ill (including disabled people) family members and / or sick relatives,
● pregnant women and those with very young children (up to 2 years)
● a disability or health condition that makes it impossible to find and keep a job
● post-traumatic condition / PTSD / depression
In addition, the following criteria are also relevant:
● families where there is only one adult earning and supporting the family
● families with chronically ill and / or disabled people
● families in which the earners are casual workers – ie employment is not stable and they receive remuneration only for the work performed.
Only when all the indicated persons receive support to participate in the program will all persons who came to Poland after February 24th, have an identity document and a Polish telephone number valid for the entire duration of the provision of services, will be invited. To use the help, you will first need to register and make an appointment via the website. Such persons will receive a message to the provided telephone number with the date of the appointment.
Go to the link: “How to Receive UNHCR Financial Assistance” and complete a short questionnaire. Then you wait for an SMS and fill out another questionnaire, this time a more detailed one. The questionnaires should be completed by Ukrainians, preferably from a cell registered in Poland. This survey can only be sent once. Visit the link below to learn more: